Answer the Voice that Begs You to Shine
A Five Minute Speech that Changed the Course of a City.
Keynote Speaker Jay Townsend
Jay’s keynote weaves inspirational stories of unsung heroes who have changed the course of human destiny; stories that touch and inspire others to discover and recognize their own special talents, gifts and capacity to improve lives.
Other Popular Keynotes
The Unscaled Mountain
You see it every morning. You are reminded of it every day. That mountain you know you should climb, but won’t because it’s scary, risky, cold, hard, unknown, expensive and way outside your comfort zone. And every day that you don’t take a step up that mountain comes the haunting reminder that you are not fully living the only life you will ever have.
There’s a voice in your head telling you that you can be better. A whisper in the night that says you can have more, achieve more, make a bigger and better difference than you already have. It’s the demon that taunts you…reminding you that you are not fully living or sharing your talent because you fear the unknown.
In this compelling keynote, Jay urges audience members – to embrace fear, make it your ally and answer the voice inside begging you to shine. He’ll show you how to shed the burden of guilt about what you have not done, embrace a new journey and fully live the abundant life in front of you – the life with your name on it!
Made of Steel
They care not about the timid souls who neither know much nor suffer much. They have an idea, a passion, a zeal to live the reason they were born, to change their city, community, or perhaps even their country or the world. Made of Steel describes people who are contagious, charismatic and who face every challenge with enormous courage. You will also be made of steel if you embrace your passion and advance the cause you were born to serve.
In his strong challenge and call to action, Jay shares a simple yet life-altering game plan that will make winning a habit, and add zest, focus, clarity and purpose to your life. It’s a game plan that will turn you into a charismatic self-made leader who naturally inspires others.
Jay Townsend is available to conduct half-day, day-long and two-day seminars and workshops for conservative candidates or conservative organizations that are in the business of advancing the conservative cause.
About Political Speaker Jay Townsend
Jay Townsend has spoken on politics and policy at the U.S. Military Academy, the Marist Institute for Public Opinion, scores of political gatherings, colleges, universities and as a guest on FOX News.
He has worked as a speech coach, speechwriter and communications consultant in four different Presidential campaigns, dozens of U.S. Senate, Gubernatorial and Congressional races during his 30 year career as a coach.
Jay has thrice won national awards–Best Television commercial produced for a gubernatorial candidate; Best Persuasion Mail produced in a Presidential Campaign; and Best Newspaper Ad produced in a political campaign.
What People Are Saying
He is a great coach, and a superb speaker and debater himself. I have never seen anyone strip the hide off a U.S. Senator the way Jay did in his televised debate against Senator Chuck Schumer.
Mike Long, Chairman
Conservative Party of New York
Last spring I had the pleasure of hearing Jay Townsend speak at a workshop for the National Speakers Association, and I’ll never forget it. It was a stunning talk – dignified, humble, passionate, and stirring. Jay is an elegant craftsman of language, and he has remarkable command and presence as a speaker. I can’t recommend him highly enough.
Dana Rubin, Founder and Director
The New York Speechwriter’s Roundtable
Jay Townsend is a remarkable speaker. I have witnessed him hold the audience in the palm of his hand. He takes us on such a visual and emotional journey and his personal stories have stayed with me since first hearing him speak last summer.
Karen Jacobsen, Keynote Speaker
An engaging speaker who will delight, entertain and leave your audience better informed about the political process and the state of American politics.
Dr. Lee Miringoff, Director
Marist Institute for Public Opinion
Partial Client List
- City of Poughkeepsie Mayor’ Ball
- Bronx County Conservative Committee Roundtable
- Dutchess County Republican Committee
- Erie County Republican Committee Chairman’s Dinner
- Herkimer County Republican Fall Banquet
- Herkimer County Republican Spring Banquet
- Kings County Conservative Committee
- Kings County Republican Christmas Party
- Les Brown Speaker Training Seminar, New York City
- Madison County Conservative Party Spring Banquet
- Manhattan College
- Marist College
- Monroe County Republican Spring Banquet
- Nassau County Republican Spring Banquet
- National Speakers Association Speaker Training Workshop, NYC Chapter
- New York State Marketing Research Association
- NYS Conservative Convention
- NY County Republican Committee
- NY Federation of College Republicans
- NYS Republican Convention
- Orange County Conservative Spring Banquet
- Orange County Republican Fall Banquet
- Purdue University
- Queens County Conservative Party Fall Banquet
- Queens County Republican Spring Banquet
- St. John’s Episcopal Church
- Tioga County Republican Party Spring Banquet
- United States Military Academy
- Westchester County Republican Fall Brunch
- Yates County Republican Committee Fall Banquet