Jay Townsend’s Candidate Seminars and Workshops Help Candidates Navigate Their New Journey and Avoid the Worst Mistakes
Do you or a group of likeminded conservative candidates need first hand instruction in running for public office?
Are you the chairperson of a Republican or Conservative organization who would like to make sure that your candidates have access to state of the art political candidate training?
Workshops and Seminar Topics
Jay Townsend is available to conduct half-day, day-long and two-day seminars and workshops for conservative candidates or conservative organizations that are in the business of advancing the conservative cause.
- Your Reason for Running should be Clear, Crisp, Concise, Compelling
- Why it is Imperative to Get Family Finances in Order Before You Run
- Walking in the Shoes of a Candidate
- The Proper Way to Treat the Press
- The Importance of Knowing Your Opponent
- Preempting Bad Stories Before They Become Bad Stories
- Painting Pictures with Words
- Essentials of Campaign Websites
His workshops cover in-depth training in:
- What Candidates Should Know, and Do, before they Step Outside their Front Door as a Candidate for Public Office.
- The Rudiments and Fundamentals of Raising Money.
- How to Use a Benchmark Survey to Develop a Communications Strategy.
- How to Develop a Campaign Budget and Cash Flow Chart that will Keep the Campaign on Track and Ensure that Funds are in Hand when They are Most Needed.
- How to Properly Execute the Campaign Message: The Secrets of Effective Television, Radio, Mail, Newspaper, Telephone and Internet Advertising.
- How to Make the Most of Earned Media, the Do’s and Don’ts of Dealing with the Press, and Tips on How to Deal with those Nasty Reporters who Want You to Lose.
- Pressure Points to Monitor as the Campaign Unfolds. Contributors. Interest Groups. The Press. The Voters.
What People Are Saying
When it comes to politics, few are his equal. Jay was born to do this. I’ve seen him take complete novices and turn them into great candidates who won elections nobody thought they could. Need help? Call Jay.
Daniel Isaacs, Chairman
New York Republican Party
To meet him is to like him. Hear him talk and you’ll want to hear more. He can grasp a complicated situation and construct a compelling message about as quickly as anyone I know. And he is great at teaching candidates how to prepare their campaigns, how to speak, how to project and deal with hostile reporters.
Nick Langworthy, Chairman
Erie County Republican Committee
Jay provides everything you’d want in his seminars and workshops. Priceless information, insight, valuable tips and communication tools. He has incredible passion, a keen sense of humor and his delivery will entertain and delight. I was on the edge of my seat wanting more.
Brandon Brice, Workshop Attendee
Partial Client List
- Queens County Candidate Training Seminar
- Queens County Speakers Training Academy
- Vermont Republican Party Candidate Training Seminar
- Marist Institute for Public Opinion